As an exercise I will post each day one of Dale Carnegie’s How to Stop Worrying and Start Living rules. This book was written in the 30s and is still of great popularity. The book offers a set of practical formulas to help overcome worry which are said to last a lifetime.
Hope you’ll enjoy it and get some worry less enlightenment.
Rule #12 Think and act cheerfully, and you will feel cheerful.
“Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.”
Just for today:
- I will be happy.
- I will try to adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desire.
- I will take care of my body. I will exercise, care for it, nourish it, not abuse it or neglect it.
- I will strengthen my mind. I will learn something useful. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
- I will exercise my soul three ways:
- I will do somebody good and not get found out.
- I will do at least two things that I don’t want to do…just for exercise.
- I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with praise and criticize not at all.
- I will try to live through his day only, not to tackle my whole life problem at once.
- I will have a quiet half-hour all by myself and relax.
- I will be unafraid, especially will not be afraid to be happy to enjoy beauty and love.
(Sibyl F. Partridge)